donderdag 8 mei 2014

How to sew it, the wrong way

When the first time I tried to sew it, I had difficulties with sewing the parts together.
First I sewed the elastic part.


Then I sewed the other two parts



To combine the parts afterward



This photo is taking from a video while making the prototype. It is exactly the moment when I realize this won’t work. By sewing the under part first, I don’t have place to sew the elastic part on is without making the room for the form smaller. So I had to go search for another method for sewing it


So it became clear that I must sew the three parts on one side first and then sew the two sides together


Elements of experience:
Positive expected:
Positive unexpected: it’s easier to sew first the front and back and then combining the two
Negative expected:
Negative unexpected: the mistake of first sewing the three parts on its own
#
Time
#parts
#materials
# tools
46
1h
2
Fabric
elastic
Sewing machine
scissors


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten